Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear Case M7310 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrymorrisss

Vendor
Jul 7, 2016
CA
Has anyone ever seen one of these or can point me at a site about them?? An M7310 set with a see-through case. Can't seem to find anything!!

Yes they do exist, seen them years ago, local shop was making them but they have disappeared. Saran wrap does do the trick.

Been 25 years since I have seen one.
I think it had a slight blue tinge to it.

I doubt you will find one, they were for display only if I recall.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. The phone does indeed have a blue tinge to it. It IS a working model, not just display!!
Barry Morris

Yes, I meant they were on display as working phones for when clients came into the office to view options.
I don't think they ever made fake phones.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Since there are Plastic Injection companies out there with the particular mould needed to supply the refurbishing companies these housings it might be worth a shot to ask the refurbishing companies if they can get their Plastic Injection companies to use different colour pellets, in this case clear.
Would be interesting to see what they come back with as far as yes or no and cost.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have one actually, it's definitely been refurbished by one of the usual companies. By the markings on the clear plastic case it looks like the housing was made for/by Refurb Supplies.

The person who gave it to me was convinced it was an internal Nortel prototype, but that's unlikely as it's the last revision of the circuit board. More likely just an oddball option made available by Refurb Supplies for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back