Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear a "FAULT" on DAE after moving a disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

abostick

Technical User
Oct 1, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a Clariion FC4700 and I moved an unbound disk from one DAE to another DAE. The disk shows empty on the old DAE and is bound and running fine in the new DAE.

Yet, the old DAE is showing a Fault when I run getcrus.

How do I clear this or did I miss a step before I moved the unbound drive?

Thanks,
Aaron

I gather there are no error lights on the Clariion then?
I also assume that DAE doesnt' mean DPE (slots 0 thru 8 need to be filled in the DPE) and that the unbound disk was not part of a Raid group. The SP error log would be the logical place to look for a better idea of the fault condition.

It is a DAE. This is the ouptut from getcrus:

DAE Bus 0 Enclosure 3 *FAULT*
(Bus 0 Enclosure 3 : Faulted)

The SP log has nothing to say about this DAE. All I did was move an unbound disk from 1 DAE to another. The disk was not part of a LUN or a raidgroup.

Thanks,
Aaron

getcrus 'returns state information on all or selected CRUs in the storage system except for disks'.

getlog gets the splog where you should see any errors.

getdisk retrieves disk info

If you have no amber lights front or back, I'd suggest getting the errors from the splog to determine where the issue is.

If the problem is with the second DAE then we should see errors associated with enclosure address two (assuming standard addressing was used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back