Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleanup Old Cluster References

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinla01

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2005
GB
Hi guys, I've been playing around with clusters in a virtual environment.

I deleted a couple of clusters and did not remove them in the correct way. Although the clusters are no longer running or available, They keep showing up in the "connect to cluster" drop down menu when you run "cluster administrator" on any server.

I've checked dns and see no service records and i've had a quick look in active direcotry however nothing seems to point to the old clusters.

I've run the command "cluster node <name> /forcecleanup" on each of the nodes that were part of the old cluster and it said it has cleaned them successfully however the entries remain.

Any help on this one would be great.

Thanks

Andrew

The list of clusters shown in the drop down list are stored in the local machines registery.

They are stored in HKEY_Users\Guid\Software\Microsoft\Cluster Administrator\Connections
All the servers are shown in the Connections String value called Connections, with a key below the Connections key for each cluster.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back