Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning up Exchange 2010 installation/migration from 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornakmf

Technical User
Aug 21, 2007
I installed a new Windows 2008R2 server on my network and joined it to my AD and made it an AD server. Then I installed Exchange 2010 and migrated all the users and mailboxes.

My Exchange 2007 server was failing and I decided to take it offline and start using the 2010 server. For the most part it is working, but there are some issues.

When I create a new mailbox, it looks like it is trying to create it on the old server as well and it is ready to do a "Local Move Request". How do I remove any references to the old server on the Exchange 2010 machine. I went through the EMC and made sure there were no references to the old server.

Thanks,
Mark

I'm assuming by "made it an AD server" you mean you made it a domain controller? Just an FYI that that's not recommended. But you're stuck with it now.

How did you remove the old server?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back