Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning Tape Interval Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aazam

Technical User
Sep 29, 2000
CA
I am using Networker 5.0 Build.63 Extended/35

Problem:
I have set the Cleaning Interval to clean Tapes for Juke box L1800 to 2 Weeks. This can be done from pull down menu "Media", "Devices" and then clicking on a device and than enabling or disabling the Cleaning and setting the cleaning interval. However even though I have set the cleaning interval to "2 Weeks", still the Tape Devcices (4 Drives) gets cleaned automatically "every time a Tape is Mounted or UNmounted".

Also I noticed that if I go to pull down menu MEDIA, DEVICES, I dont see any Value in "Date Last Cleaned" field. It should contain the date of last cleanig for that particular Device.

My present Settings for all 4 Devices in L1800 Juke Box.

Cleaning required: YES
Cleaning Interval: 2 weeks
Date last cleaned: blank <---- I think this should be
updated automatically by the
application.

Anybody knows how to fix this? Thanks.

I found that you need to initialize the date field the first time .. just enter MM/DD/YY
and it should run. I had the same problem but once I entered the first date it has
worked just fine. I set my initial date to 2 1/2 weeks previously so on the first load
it would clean

Legato suggests that you leave the auto-media management up to the tape drive(s) themselves, if they support it. You cannot use the auto-media management through both the software and the hardware at the same time. Use one or the other, they will just confuse one another.

Hope this helps,

CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back