Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning logitech trackball 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
Im using a logitech trackball and I clean the ball part area often. However, recently the buttons have somehow got something under them and started sticking, mainly the left one. My main question is how do I go about cleaning it? Ive used a knife to get some of the stuff but cant really get far back in it. Was curious if anyone had any good tips lol

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

I have a product called CAIG Laboratories "Pro Gold G5 Connection Enhancer" that's a fancy name for contact-cleaner fluid, I would imagine any electronics-safe fluid contact cleaner in a spray can with the little straw should wash out whatever crud is in there safely.

Tony

"Buy what you like, or you'll be forced to like what you buy"...me

AH , very neat. Never knew that existed. Will be trying to find that in few hardware stores around here. If not ill order it online.

Thanks!

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back