Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning LCD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2001
US
Can you please tell me the best way to clean an LCD screen. It is a sparate desktop monitor. Many thanks.
Lynn

Here's How: (I found this on about.com)

When cleaning the LCD screen, turn the computer off first.
Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper towel with water only.
Wipe the screen gently back and forth.
You may use a mild glass cleaner that does not contain alcohol or ammonia.

You can also use a commercial cleaner especially designed for LCD screens called Klear Screen.

Thank you for your speedy response. Information sounds very reasonable and I really appreciate it - especially the warning about alcohol based cleaners, which I would have thought were good for the screen. Thanks again.

I have found the best product in the entire Milky Way Galaxy to clean LCD, plasma screens, PDA's & even dvd's &cd's! It is called "MONITOR LIZARD" & can be bought on line. Check it out at

Also, your local CompUSA or Radio Shack sell solutions designed specifically for these types of screens. If you choose to follow benzito's advice, I would only use water and avoid any kind of cleaning solution regardless of its strength.

Just my 2¢

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Better safe than sorry. Take the extra time to get your hands on a tested solution for LCD screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back