Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleaning dead beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stedo

Programmer
Sep 15, 2005
SE
hi,

I ahve a question regarding cleaning up dead beans. I have a client app which uses beans on a server via a remote interface. When the app works normally everything is hey ho! The app removes the beans and cleans up after itself, but if the OS crashes or the app crashed or someone powers down the PC the app can't clean up and I'm left with dead beans on the server. Is there any way I can clean up these dead beans without restarting the server (which is JBoss)?

Thanks in advance
Stephen

I don't quite follow - if the OS crashes or the server powers down, then your stuffed - and will be foced to restart the server.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

hi,

Okay, I'm talking about the client side going down, not the server. The clients I have are Swing clients so they are not resident on the server side. So if someone powers down a client PC the connection to the server is left hanging. What I need to do is have some way to clean up the server side.

Thanks for your response.

Stephen

Won't the Server EJBs 'timeout' after some time and re-enter the 'available' bean pool?

Tim

hi,

Well this is the question? I'm not sure. For the stateless beans there's no worries, but I have some stateful beans which are create for a specific client session and I don't know what happens to these if they are left hanging around? Is there some kind of time out I can set for these?

Thanks
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back