Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cleaner method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poporacer

Programmer
Oct 2, 2007
US
I am trying to create a report and I have it done, but it is very messy. I am hopeing there is a cleaner way of getting this done. Here is what I have and the issues:

I have a resident worksheet that has the following columns:
Name, ID#, Room, Date Arrived, Date Review, Date departed.

I have a shower worksheet that is used to track if residents are taking a sufficent number of showers. On this sheet, I want the Name, ID#, and Room to be in the cells automatically. I was able to do this by using =Residents!A2, etc
The first problem is that if Residents!A2 is blank then I get a 0 in the cell. I can hide the 0 by conditional formatting the font to white,but it makes another formula more difficult to achieve and printing will print all the cells if they have data. In other words, I initially have 10 residents, but for expansion issues I have 70 cells referenced to =Residents!A2, when I print the sheet, I will get several "blank" pages. Is there a better way to do this? I want to be able to create the sheet and not have to add rows/formulas when I get more residents. (I might not be the one using the workbook and want it to be simple to use. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could avoid printing the shower sheet directly. Use it as the source for a pivottable (and in the pivottable hide if Name = 0)

Are you recording just the date/time of the latest shower or of all showers for all residents? If the latter then maybe there is a better way to structure your data....

Gavin

If I do a pivot table, that creates another sheet which might work, but I am going to have staff filling out the form and some staff are not that computer literate so I want to make it as simple as possible. On the Shower sheet, it just documents each day of the week and whether they took a shower or not. I included a link to the workbook.

http://windyacresranch.net/storage/Patient 20yard-shower.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back