Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clean Metadata from Excel file--shareware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpurser

Technical User
Nov 19, 2001
US
Anyone know a good piece of shareware that will clean metadata from an excel workbook? I don't mind paying a developer a nominal fee post facto, but I need to be able, if possible, to download something tonight that I can use.

Many thanks--

Ben

Ben,

Please describe what you are referring to as metadata.

How many worksheets contain this data?

Is there other data that must be preserved?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

I am talking about the data stored with a worksheet (or any office document) regarding author, edit history, properties, etc....

It's five separate workbook files that I am interested in scrubbing before submitting for review. Essentially I am looking to make sure that the history of the document isn't available, only the final product.

Ben

Sorry. Not aware of any such software.

You might try posting this in the VB 5&6 Forum forum222

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back