Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Classification banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

molerrrr

Programmer
Jan 27, 2011
US
Hello all,
I am new to the forums but I am trying to make a classification banner that will display on the windows XP desktop. I have been told that c# is a good start to accomplish this. I need it to display SECRET on the desktop... If the user opens IE or Words and maximizes the window it will remain on top. Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know what a classification banner is, but sounds like a winform app to me. To keep always on the top, there is a win32 function you can import in order to do this. I forgot the name though, just google it, should be pretty common.
I have been told that c# is a good start to accomplish this.
c# is just one of the many "good" tools to do what you want. How good it is depends on whether you're comfortable with it (or if that's what your company requires you to use).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back