Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class room setup for webnar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassphone

Technical User
Mar 23, 2007
US
I need to setup a large class room for webinars that use a telephone to provide the audio portion of the presentation. I will also need the ability for the attendees to interact with the presenter over the phone. A Polycom conference phone is not sufficient for the room size. Ideally I would like to integrate with the existing sound system. I tried to use a softphone client using the onboard sound card and that didn’t work. Any suggestions?

one thing we have done in the past in large conference rooms with speaker systems is to hook the speaker into the headset port on a standrd IP handset. Activate the headset and the voice routes via the speakers.
If you need to say something private disable the headset / mute the phone and you can discuss discreetly.

its worked well for us...

Just had a customer move into a new HQ building with ClearOne A/V systems, we were able to connect a ClearOne VH20 unit to the Mitel MCD as a SIP endpoint.

Lundah and you post the Mitel SIP settings used and the VH20 settings used. I have a VH20 I can't get to work

Lundah, please post the sip settings used for both the Mitel and the Clearone vh20. I have one that I can not get to work

I don't have the settings for the ClearOne, as a different vendor installed that. I just set up a separate SIP Device Capabilities setting for that, left all the settings default.

Did you get this working bassphone?

I too have a clearone phone and am getting sip registration failed or sip registration disabled.
I have had a play with the sip device capabilities also but still having no joy any help here would be much appreciated.

Any log messages on the 3300/MCD? If the PBX is rejecting the registration, it should tell you. Otherwise, make sure the Clearone is on the correct VLAN (assuming you're using a separate voice VLAN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back