Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class Registration System in SharePoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rseven

Technical User
Mar 7, 2006
US
I am fairly new to SharePoint and I am trying to create a registration system in SharePoint by combining two lists:
1. Class Calendar
2. Class Attendees

This will be used to setup learning and development classes for the department. The administrator of the program will use List #1 to setup class details, location, date, time, and maximum class size. These classes will then appear as a dropdown in List #2 for the end-user to select which class they want to sign up for. Finally, we’re trying to setup a workflow so when the end user signs up for a class; List #1 will be updated and the number of available seats will decrease. When there are no seats available, users will either get an error or will not be able to select a class.

I would prefer not use InfoPath as I am not at all familiar with it as well as it is not readily available in our system. So, something a little more straightforward if possible.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back