Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class doesn't support Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtUK

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
GB
This Javascript error had me puzzled for ages and something that I could not find any information about - anywhere!

So far, this error has only made itself apparent in IE and appears to be caused by some kind of corruption resulting in ANY javascript causing this error. The only way I have found to get around it is to re-install IE (or use Netscape!!).

If anybody has any other ideas on how to cure this, PLEASE let me know!

Cheers

Newt

go to your RUN window from the start menu. 1. type in "regsvr32 msscript.ocx" and hit enter 2. do the same with dispex.dll, and vbscript.dll 3. open windows explorer, select folder options in the tools drop down. 4. select the file types tab 5. scroll down to the extension type JS, highlight it and hit the advanced button 6. highlight the Open command and hit the edit button. If you have more than one "Open" command showing (which was part of my problem)delete one of them. 7. In the field "application used to perform action" paste in this - C:\WINNT\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* your done.

Re-registering the dispex.dll worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back