Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarion FC4700 Engineering Mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrywashington

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
I am going to be upgrading the software on our FC4700 and need to get into engineering mode. Our service contract with EMC has expired. Does anyone know how to get into engineering mode? Also I noticed that the Clarion SPs have ports for a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Can these be used to access the OS that runs on the Clarion (which I have been told is some form of NT)?

No, don't use that ports.

To enter engineering mode press &quot;<control> <shift> <F12>&quot;

You need the password.

Thanks Chacalinc that got me to the engineering mode login. Unfortunately I have no idea what the password is. Is there anyway to reset it?

Just out of curiosity what is the purpose of the ports on the SPs?

>> have no idea what the password is. Is there anyway to reset it?

No, it's factory default and it can not be changed. give me your email..

>>what is the purpose of the ports on the SPs?

Actually, I have no idea... I never asked.

I was able to get the pw from a contractor that installs Clarions. Thanks agin for your help.

Send me a email a following Address: antonio.bongiorno@asb-online.co.uk i can you give the factory password.

hello how do i connect to a fc4700, and which password do i need. do i need a serial cable or a null modem cable and which parameters to connect?
thx
kewitz

The use of a serial cable for an FC4700 is limited to using it as a PPP link (IP over serial).

See step 5 in: (note, that is not a detailed guide, but rather just an overview, details such as factory passwords are not included)

After reading that and understanding the flow of the installation, graduate to the detailed docs:

Specifically, chapter 3 tells you how to make the initial connection via PPP and then move on to using the standard ethernet ports.

Frankly, I've deduced the IP addresses of a used system by hooking up a crossover ethernet cable directly to one port. Then, using Ethereal to watch the port, I boot the FC4700. When it comes up, you'll see it broadcast on the link and you'll figure out it's IP address. Then put it on a switch, set your laptop to an IP address on the same subnet, and then try to break in to the FC4700 directly without ever using the serial ports.

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back