Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarion Dos 2.1 Convert to Windows Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdridhuan

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
MY

I've a software using Clarion Dos vers.2.1 i got this software since 1993.My problem is i can't convert this software to windows base especially SQL.I'd tried this since 1999.If anyone have an idea how convert this datbase please answer me or help me how to create a driver or get a compiler because i need to transfer all database inside.Thank you.

Hi!...
The best thing to do is when you create a dictionary into a Clarion Win Just import your existing Database into your dictionary then just select what Driver you will use. Then you can open or browse your data.And start create new Application

HOW DO I GO ABOUT CONVERTING ALL MY APPLICATION PROCEDURES
AND DATA FROM CLARION VER 2.1 TO WINDOWS VERSION 5.0 WITHOUT
REWRITING THE APPLICATION AGAIN.

The core clarion languange statements are the essentially the same and can be cut and pasted. But for the most part windoze and dos are so different you really want to rewrite. I would start with a new dictionary with the data in the windows format and the wizard a new application (or create manually) and then cut and paste the logic at the appropriate event embed points.

HTH

If you want to convert the data from Clarion 2.1 to SQL you can use Data Junction to do it. If you want to convert the Clarion applications from DOS to Windows, you must rewrite the entire application. Much less painful than re-writing it in something lame like Visual Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back