Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarion 1.5 16bit and topspeed file performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFear

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
Hello, All

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Clarion 1.5 application and using topspeed files. I'm just wondering if there is a performance issue when switching from the clarion files to the topspeed files?

and/or if this can be solved by recompiling my 16bit code into 32?

If the Clarion DAT files are serving your purpose there is no need to change to the TopSpeed TPS file format. You should be able to recompile 32 bit (if you are still 16bit) with no worries. The major change in the TPS structure is that it is a "super-file", that is the data and all keys are contained in the same DOS file structure.

HTH

Thanks 4 the info. gearhead.
But my client has issues with the clarion files and all of the extraneous key files. So i'm hoping that i can give them the benefit of increased performance as well as not having to deal with all of the key files.
They have some history files that get between 60 and 80 meg. depending on the season, and would like to see the updates and accesses improve.

In that case go ahead ~8). The TPS file format is modified from the DAT format. You will get the same or even perhaps better perfomance than the DAT format. Also if you are inlcined you can reduce the disk storage requirement by encrypting the tables. A by-product of the encrytion is a reduction in storage size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back