Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clariion DAE system check led

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlen

Technical User
May 31, 2005
SE
I have two Clariion DAE for JBOD use, one of the systems is showing amber "system check" led. It appears to be working I have it directly attached to a Solaris host using two HBAs and two LCC using SC to DB9 MIA. Disks are showing up on only one controller, I swapped the LCC and cables, but the amber led is still there and the disks are still on one controller. Can anyone suggest a possible cause for this issue?

There may be an amber light in the back of the unit (behind the fan assy). There should be no amber lights on the back side of the Clariion.
I'm not clear on your configuration.
One dae on two controllers and another dae on two additional controllers?
Make sure that host adapter bios is disabled on all scsi controllers except the controller you intend to boot from.
Compare the bios settings from the working controller to the non working ones to ensure that they are set the same (with the exception of the host bios setting).

I have swapped out the fan pack on the rear, for the few seconds that the pack was off, two amber led lit up on the power supplies, but when I reinserted the new fan module the leds went out. The planned configuration for these arrays is HA cluster. Two arrays, data and mirror, two switches and dual paths from each host. I have not yet configured multipathing software on the host so I think that is why I can only see the disks on one controller. I also though the the backplane was split between the LCC's but it seems it is not. The bios is N/A in this case because I am running Sun machines with open boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back