Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clariion DAE 10 slots only detects 5 drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurrrtin

MIS
Sep 14, 2006
US
There must be something I am missing. I have 2 EMC DAEs from an FC5310. I think its the same from FC4700 as well. I have 2 LCC cards 005042630. I have scads of drives that fall in the compatibility list for this DAE, which I have tried them all. 9GB, 18GB, 36GB in similar sequence and random mixes. I have tried every combonation; 2 LCC in one DAE, 1 in each, looped them to each other...

But no matter what I try, only 5 drives will get detected without the amber warning light. Slots 0, 5, 6, 7, 8 will work. The rest wont. Each of the others have solid green and amber lights. Both arrays are doing this. If I remove the LCCs, everything goes green and spins. I know that slots 0-2 are used to determine RAID layout, but I would like to use all 10 slots for a JBOD.

Is there a setting that can disable this in the LCC? Do I have something hooked up wrong? Can this setting be changed from a linux or windows terminal? Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back