Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarify "sending restrictions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtierney

Vendor
Sep 29, 2003
US
Company 1 has given space in their PBX for a small company (hereafter known as Company 2) w/ a couple of mailboxes. I have activated sending restrictions between community ID(CID) 1 (Company 1) and 9 (Company 2), but it gives me all the options such as message forwarding and directory options. However, it does not actually send the message to the mailbox in the barred CID, rather displaying in the Activity Log (in the MSS) as a "scheduled" message.

This seems odd that it would not give me a prompt saying "invalid mailbox/destination" etc when trying to send/forward between community ID's/. Any thoughts?

JT

On page 5-30 of the Concepts and Planning Guide it says that "Feedback will not be given when addressing a message to a destination that the system does not allow the originator to reach". To me that means that no prompt will be given. It would be nice to have a prompt, but maybe in release 3 ???

Ah, that sounds very familiar to those of us who are married/in relationship.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back