Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarification on the Tailoring Principle in PRINCE2 2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarfaraz_sk

Technical User
Oct 12, 2023
IN
Hello PRINCE2 Community,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently delving into the PRINCE2 2017 edition as part of my certification journey, and I've come across a few nuances in the Tailoring Principle that I'd like some clarity on.

Flexibility in Application: From my understanding, tailoring is about ensuring the PRINCE2 method fits the project environment, size, complexity, importance, capability, and risk. Is it accurate to say that while tailoring is encouraged, the core principles of PRINCE2 should always be maintained?

Documentation: When tailoring the method to fit a specific project, are there any particular documents or templates within PRINCE2 that should never be omitted, regardless of the project size or nature?

Stakeholder Engagement: How does tailoring play into stakeholder engagement? Are there best practices or considerations to keep in mind while customizing the PRINCE2 approach to ensure stakeholder requirements and expectations are adequately met?

Any insights or resources that could help me understand this principle better would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your guidance!

Warm regards,

In the PRINCE2 2017 edition, the Tailoring Principle is a fundamental concept emphasizing the need to tailor the PRINCE2 method to fit the specific context and requirements of a project. Tailoring allows organizations to adapt PRINCE2 to suit the project's size, complexity, and environment. It promotes flexibility, ensuring that PRINCE2 remains a scalable and practical framework for various projects. Tailoring involves adjusting processes, themes, and management products to align with the project's unique characteristics while retaining the core principles of PRINCE2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back