Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clarification on MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenred

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
GB
Hello All

Just after some clarification on something, I am in the middle of doing an MCSE, one of the exams I was going to do was 70-229 the Designing and implementing SQL 2000. This is due to retire at the end of March 2009.

I have been trying to work out that if i pass this before March 2009, and dont complete the MCSE till after, say June 2009 will the 70-229 still count towards the MCSE.

On the Microsoft site it says "You can complete a credential as long as exams are available to fulfill all of your credential requirements.", I may be being thick but cant work out if this means it does or doesnt if you actually finish the qualification after the discontinuation of the exam.

Sorry for the ramble, but does anyone know the answer to this.

Cheers

Ken

I would think that as long as you pass the particular exam you can use it as a requirement, the fact that it later retires shouldn't detract from the qualification (as it stands I am an NT4 MCSE but most if not all are now retired).

However, is there any reason you can't finish the track before the end of March anyway? I mean it's a good 4 months away and it's certainly possible to pass the MCSE in a few months.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Simon

Thanks for the swift reply, I have done 3 exams so far, so 4 left to do. I suppose i could finish them in 4 months.

Working all day on computers and going home and working all night as well, oh well the joys of working in IT.

But at least I wont have to find another exam to do instead of the SQL one.

Cheers

Ken

where does it say the 70-299 retires at that time? I am planning to take it as well.

Here's the notice.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2008 Implementation and Maintenance / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Admin (SQL 2005/2008) / Database Dev (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back