Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN/ELAN/Ethernet access to M1 11C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
What is the E-LAN used for?

I noticed it connects to OTM port with IP Address 137.135.128.251 It comes from J5 where my call pilot is (137.135.128.250

What is C-LAN for?
it has IP address on Call Pilot 10.0.0.1

What is the ethernet connection to P1 SELV for? Is that ethernet port into M1 like EIU on SL100.

How can I configure it so I can access Call Pilot, MIRAN, OTM and M1 thru our LAN (22.101.1.x)

What needs changing in M1, and what peripherals need changing, and how? What shouldn't we change? What is effected by the IP addresses in
LD 117
PRT HOST
PRT IPM
PRT IPR

I have Fiber Expansion and not IP Expansion?

Thanks

SL100OKI JARHEAD

SL-100 Tek

Elan is for management (accessable by us/you)
Clan/Tlan is for the customer lan(carries voice traffic & end user front end)

to change the Clan on call pilot you will need to log onto the CP as it has its own OS (windows server 2000)try using the setup wizard

what is the IP add of the M1? dont bother with ipm/ipr dont think it will affect you

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

enbedded lan, for the switch to talk to secondary servers.. call pilot, symposium..otm has to be isolated from all other traffic... don't use vlan to isolate.. seperate standalone beast.. the t lan is used for voip phones and desktop msg'ing.. ip to the set level...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i had to Vlan as it was causing broadcast storms & started locking up the ciscos, it still worked fine.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

@ SL100OKI

The CLAN is the customer LAN - customer network
The ELAN is the embedded or equipment LAN - Nortel isolated LAN segment.

Since you have Fiber Exp, you don't have to worry about IPM and IPR.

LD117 PRT HOST - this is the PBX network interface/host file - equivalent to the host file of a server/pc.

CP has 2 LAN interface, ELAN and CLAN
OTM can have 2 LAN interface as well, but will work with just 1.
MIRAN only has the 1 LAN interface to the ELAN.

To access the CP from your subnet, you'll have to change the CP CLAN interface to be on your subnet.

The other option is to make the ELAN routable from your subnet, but this involves building out routing table in your routers. Improperly implementing this options will cause severe headaches and a butt loads of complaints...

Thank you all, i'm headed up to our remote site tomorrow to look into this.

I'm wanting to make my OTM, Call Pilot, and Switch accessbile remotely via Private Ethernet instead having to dial into the Switch through a TTY or using PC Anywhere through dial up.
But our IP Scheme uses 22.101.1.x and I wasn't sure what to connect to our Cisco 3560 that is connected to the router where I'm at. This currently isn't for voice traffic, just for switch management. We haven't gotten into the Call Server/VoIP world yet.

Thanks again

SL-100 Tek

So I should use the CLAN for Call Pilot Private LAN interface or the ELAN?

Also, the IP Address of the MIRAN works with the ELAN you say? If I change it so I can use the browser interface from my remote PC, it won't work properly?

My OTM currently plugged from it's COM1 port into M1 SDI port TTY 0. And the ELAN is connected to the OTM ethernet interface. Are their 2 NIC cards in the OTM so I can connect it to our Private Data Network.

What should or can i change to our 22.101.1.x addresses and what should i leave as the way it was installed, due to other subsystems depending on the second set of IP Addresses.

I'll warn you, I'm new to the Data game. I thought an Ethernet Interface Unit on My DMS-100 was the coolest...haha. I changed it to our 22.101.1.x scheme so I could telnet into the voice switch.

Now we're trying to make it easy to access our M1's and their services remotely because our sites are hours away and sometimes even a fairy ride away.

SL-100 Tek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back