Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLAN Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Does anybody know what the max setting a CLAN card can do?
We had it set at 10/Fullduplex and I was told that it had to be set at 10/Half.
Odd thing is that the card set to 10/Full appears to be working fine.
Thanks
J

Depending on your CLAN board, the new TN799DP can do 10/100 full or half duplex

the older TN799 boards did 10mbit/half.

Granted it might be working, but i bet if you were checking for link errors on your switches, you'd find quite a few..

BuckWeet

The TN799/B/C boards are all 10half. These use the 259A adapter and pin out on pairs 2 and 3. The TN799DP can be 100 but only if you have the correct adapter (medpro adapter 8485255887), R10, and program it in the switch.

What I really hate is this:

configuring an IP address for my card, my network is 192.168.0.0/22. If i set the ip address to anything 192.168.*.*, it forces me to use the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (not 255.255.252.0, which is what I set up the network to be)

Now, if i give it a 10.*.*.* address, it allows me to change the subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 (Class A)

What the heck... has Lucent never heard of classless networks or subnetting?!!

so now, i had to give it an IP address and subnet mask, and only configure the switch using a computer that exists in a certain VLan that matches the Netmask.

-Bill

We use VLSM on our Definities in our network, we have all 10.x.x.x/23

all are r9.5

I just tried what you're saying on our demo definity and that is true.. What is AVAYA thinking?

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back