Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CKE5 SMDR Port Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydeleon

Technical User
Nov 28, 2013
After several months of flawless operation, call accounting is not working. The SMDR data light is constantly "on" indicating that it assumes to be receiving data constantly from the CKE5 processor. Plugged the printer directly into the SMDR and will not print any reports. NOTHING was disturbed in advance of this sudden stoppage. I know the first used CKE4 processor I bought for this system did not have a functioning SMDR port. Is this common.

When I unplug the cable at the processor the SMDR light on my Call Accounting Box goes out, indicating that it is originating from the processor and not in some altercation to the wiring.

I would power cycle the system with the smdr port unplugged as Merlinman suggests. I would then connect a laptop directly to the smdr port and open hyperterminal and see if you are receiving anything. I think the settings are 1800, none, and 1 if I remember correctly.

Thanks... I did completely turn off the system several times. I never did a frozen start on it... maybe I should have. But nearly overnight I received another CKE5 processor via an EBAY seller in my state. Plugged it in, restored my system, and am good to go. Not any too soon, as we have a few guests without cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back