Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIW e-commerce trainning

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
I can't seem to find any forums in here on the Certified Internet Webmaster certification (ciwcertified.com) which is beginning to worry me as I've already done the fundamentals course and site designer course. I'm now being offered the chance to do the e-commerce module also. For those of you familiar with CIW (please God somebody out there is!!?) you'll know that after doing the site designer and e-commerce module, you get become a Professional Site Designer or something like that. My question is, is it worth my while to do the course? Is it good, well recognized? I'd love as much feed back as possible, especailly from people who have the certification and are working in web design/IT as I'm currently not working in either!

Thanks everybody

I'm not sure how recognizable the CIW certification is. I am a CIW Professional in Site Design (as are you if you passed both the Foundations and Site Design tests). If you take the E-Commerce test, you will become a CIW Master Designer.

Looking over options, I would think that the path to take would be to take the Web Languages exams and then the Server administrator exams...this would put you in a better place market wise, at least that's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back