Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cityinfo.dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsk

Technical User
Feb 9, 2014
GB
SK98 on Windows 10 has been giving me the cityinfo.dat box when I click on the Sidekick icon. Others on the forum have had this problem and they provided a clue to solve it. I solved it by right clicking on the icon and choosing "run as administrator". However, if I left click on the icon I get the box (a selection of squares with squiggles and cityinfo.dat on the end).
I tried reinstalling but the result is the same. At least I can get SK98 by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator".
As yet, I have not found a way to make this apply automatically so that I can left click again.

Dear Pennsk
I am not completely familiar with Windows 10 but try the following out:
Create a shortcut on what passes for a desktop on Windows10 and then right-click on that shortcut and choose to run in compatibility mode, as admin or whatever option is there similar to that option and then save.
Start the program from that shortcut in future and it should be ok.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers, it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Dear Pennsk

Glad to hear it.

Enjoy

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers, it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back