Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix XPa NT4 Upgrade to W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

millap

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi All,

Has anyone any experience or suggestions with upgrading a Metaframe XPa Datastore from NT4 Terminal Server to W2k Terminal Services?

I have one NT4 box which I need to upgrade in order to use Roaming Profiles across the Farm.

Any help or suggestions on the migration path would be appreciated.

Thanks
millap

Don't migrate. Do a clean install. That is the only way you will have a safe, clean and successful upgrade.

I second that motion. I prefer to do a clean install, even if it means creating a new farm. It sounds like more work, but it really is the only way to go in my opinion. Windows itself is finicky enough that a clean install is the best way to go. 9 times out of 10 it'll save you from a headache down the road.

Thanks chaps, I took the advice, moved the Datastore to another server and did a clean install. Pukka!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back