Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix XP and Custom Form Sizes (Paper Size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terralink

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2005
US
Is there a way to make Citrix respect local printer settings (like custom paper size) that are set on the end users workstations.

Current problem exists with OKI 320 and OKI 3410 printer trying to print to a custom 6in x 6in form. Citrix always defaults to LETTER.

I have to ask first do you have the exact Oki print drivers loaded on your Citrix Server. the reason I ask is because when you log onto a Citrix Server it will autocreate your local printer by default. If the exact drivers are loaded on the Citrix server it will autocreate the local printer and use the local settings and everything will work fine. If the exact drivers are not installed on the Citrix servers it will use the Citrix Universal Print driver and its settings, which may be the 8.5 x 11. Just a note:Make sure if you install print drivers on your Citrix Server they are for the Server OS version.

BTW, thanks for your post loscajn. I am going to check the version of the driver and make sure it is the server OS version.

I have been doing quite a bit of work on this as of late. Here is where I am:

The pesky printer is an OKI3410 at a remote client site (in other words, I have limited to no access to this printer). After creating a custom form size on their remote machine, I had them log in over the Web Client. Their printers are automatically created however they are reset to the default factory setting regardless of whether or not I have a copy of the drivers loaded on the the Citrix server. With the exception of this one printer, I have been able to work around the above issue by going onto the server and manually configuring their client printer through the Print Manager Window. Once the changes are made, they appear to stick. For some reason, the aforementioned OKI is not stepping in line. Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back