Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

citrix user's print job is not printing to its own default printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
it prints to different printer than its default one, why? if i add the user as the server administrator it will print to its own printer. i am clueless now, do i need to have an exact printers install in the farm envirntment?

thank you

In version 9.2 of the ICA client this has the feature of mapping users local printers into their Citrix sessions. It can be configured to map all their local printers or just their default. Which version of the client are you using and are you using the Citrix Universal Print Driver?

Hi,

If you want your users default printer to be set whenever they log on to Citrix, then this can be set within CMC. To either connect the entire client printers. * Printers set for user over the network, or you can set it pick up just the clients Defaults printers. Also if you are using PS4 or PS 4.5 they universal drivers are quite friendly for most printers. However if not then download the printer drivers on to the citrix server and the replicate them. * This applies for most citrix setups unless you are importing the print server into citrix, which in this case, means you just have to make sure that the drivers on the print server are updated.

Hope this helps

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back