Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix/ terminal services printer mapping issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul102801

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have a Citrix Farm with 4 servers. Two were originally deployed and the other 2 were added later on as test servers.
All the users can connect to all 4 servers and when they connect to the production servers, their printers get mapped. When they connect to the test servers the printers do not map. I tested with different users and it appears that only administrators can connect to these 2 servers and have printers mapped. Nobody else is able. The Citrix policies are the same for the entyre farm so I don't really think is a problem with Citrix printer policies but with security policies within windows. I get the same results with RDP...

Any ideas?

Are the new servers (the test ones) in the same OU within AD as the original servers? if you've got them in a different OU, it may be that other (domain wide) policies are affecting one set of servers and not the other.

Have you tried running RSOP? ( to see if there are policies being applied to one machine and not the other.

More than likely its to do with this, and its easy enough to check it and move the machines into the same OU and test again to eliminate it as a cause.

Good luck!

Thnks you for your reply. I did fix this issue a few weeks ago and forgot to close this post. The problem was not with policies but with the ctx_cpsvcuser.

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back