Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Solution - firewall issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

zootid

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
one of my clients has a single Citrix metaframe server sitting behind a pix firewall. I have ports 80,443,and 1494 open to the server. my problem is that some of their customers have strict firewall policies and only allow ports 80 and 443 outgoing ... what is the best solution to allow these customers to access nfuse without outgoing 1494 ????

Try using Citrix Secure Gateway...
Great product..
only uses port 443 to the outside world...
acts as some sort of ica gateway....
ica client communicates with the secure gateway over port 443 and the gateway communicates with the farm over 1494

Petje
A+, MCP, MCSE on NT4.0 and windows 2000 with messaging specialty and CCEA

since it is a single server farm, can the Citrix Secure gateway sit on this server or do they need to buy another box ???

Rather then spending the money on the Citrix Secure Gateway software a better solution would be to SSL enable the server via SSL relay. This will let you communicate via 443 for all traffic and there you will not need to open 1494 for anything. The SSL Relay will communicate to all servers via 443 as well as the client that is communicating to it.

Citrix Secure Gateway is free as far as I know. Use Nfuse, you can combine it with Citrix Secure Gateway and Citrix Secure Ticket Authority (all of which should be free).

MikeL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back