Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Replication Fault Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienenglish

Technical User
Mar 21, 2012
GB
Good Morning All

I have been asked to look into the options of Fault Detection within our Citrix environment.

In the last couple of weeks, our CAG developed an issue where all users were unable to login remotely. It turned out that the profile within web interface had become corrupt and needed to be reconfigured. The problem being that the corrupted profile had replicated across to the other servers and caused a total block for all remote users.

My question is this: Is there some form of software or method that potential issues that might be replicated across the servers, can be raised before being actioned? i.e. should the above problem happen again, before the corruption gets replicated, some form of notification is given to the technical team to investigate. The notification could be sent via email or sms.

Also, in addition to this, is there a way of also notifying the technical team of any repeat user login failures? I am looking at ways to proactively log potential user login failures which can be investigated prior to being notified by the users directly. As we support many thousands of users, having a proactive approach to possible login issues would be ideal.

I have had a look online and can't seem to find much, but if anyone has any advice they can give, it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back