Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCSGEEK

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
US
Does anyone know if the MS Blaster Worm Patch has any elements of SP4?

My citrix box was running fine untill I added the security patch for the Blaster Worm, two weeks ago. I never installed SP4 on this server, but now when I right click on My Computer and click Properties it shows that SP4 is installed, and SP4 shows up in the list of Add & Remove Programs.

So thats why I am wondering if the Blaster Worm Patch has some parts of SP4 mixed in with it.

I would like to uninstall SP4, but if I do that will my citrix box be vulnerable to the Blaster Worm?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I uninstalled SP4 last night and now it all works fine again. I have Automatic Updates Disabled, so I have no idea how SP4 got there. When I took SP4 off I noticed it left the Hot Fix for the Blaster Worm still on the server. I will just keep an eye on it and see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back