Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Protocol Decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

serelk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2001
IL
Hi All

Does anybody know when NA is going to support Citrix protocol decode
Any advice

Citrix uses ICA protocol

Did you ever find a protocol decode for ICA? I could really use one at this point.

Hi,

The only advise I can give you, is to use make a capture of traffic to and from the Citrix Server (use pass-through if you have this available), with a filter on IP or MAC of this server. If you then open a session and work on a terminal connected to the terminal server, you should be able to detect the RDP or ICA protocol(s). You can then set a filter based on the frames you detected.
Regards,

C152

Last time I check there was not a decode for ICA due to it being a privately encrypted protocol owned by Citrix. There had been talk of a decode being done but I have not anything more about it.

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back