Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Printing queues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisukcov

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
GB
We have Citrix 1.8 running on Win2k and alls ok with in reason, BUT, occasionally a user sends a print and it gets jammed in the queue and hence all printing stops cause of all the prints afterwards are waiting for this one to complete. This job will not delete - it says 'deleting' but you can leave it for days and nothing! The only way we can clear it and get printing up and running again is a server reboot which is very poor from a support situation.

Any ideas of clearing the queues another way - drivers are HP and i know that doesnt help but any response would be greatly appriciated :)

Thanks

Chris

A couple of easy things to try first;

1) Re-apply the latest service packs

2) Make sure the client printer driver and server printer drivers are all compatible, and that the wtsuprn.inf file deals neatly with all client side drivers.

Hope this helps

We've had some of the same issue - printing stops, unable to delete the job, no further printing to that printer. We started by rebooting the server (bad way to run things!) then found out that if I stopped and restarted the print spooler, it would usually fix itself and finish deleting the job, continuing on its merry way. Sometimes, I would have to delete the jobs manually from C:\WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS when I stopped the spooler, then starting the spooler worked.
Hope this helps - Randy Reimers

That's a good workaround, Randy, but the root cause of it stopping in the first place is almost always a driver issue!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back