Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CITRIX printing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoe2

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2002
US
I have a single remote user that connects to our NT 4.0 sp6a network via DSL and CITRIX (citrix is on a W2000 server...). Recently her printer (set up locally on LPT1) stopped showing up in her profile while logged into CITRIX. She can print while logged in locally, but not in CITRIX. It will not autocreate the printer, and when I try to create it manually, it doesn't show up in the printer list. I have read and tried every fix available on the CITRIX site, so if anyone knows anything, please pass it on.
Thanks.
Corie

fixed.

the problem was a corrupt entry in the registry. hkey/local_machine/system/control/currentcontrolset/printers/providers

this key needs three subkeys including 'client printers'.

if anyone is interested, email me.

Corie

I am interested in this fix as I having the same problem. I saw your note that said E-Mail you about this but couldn't find where your address is located. Thanks for your help.

Steps Required to Ensure that Client Printers Autocreate Within ICA Sessions

Here is a link to the article that describes how to ensure the client network shows up in the registry. (make sure you get the whole link including the end number in parentheses)

In our system we got hacked, and the hacker created hundreds of registry entries that dumped copies of all our documents into a series of cache folders buried 7 layers deep.
The only reason I got lucky is because they only disconnected from CITRIX, they didn't log off. And since I'm the NetAdmin and it was a username I didn't know, I started digging around and found the carnage. I was able to import a backup copy of the reg, but it had no client printer entries, so I had to re-create them as well.

Also, the "Prevent users from installing printer drivers" option is enabled by default in the local security settings. Make sure you change this so the proper drivers can be installed locally, otherwise you'll get a 'you do not have sufficient access to this machine' error.

Email me if you have any more questions as I have had to become somewhat of a Citrix expert! ~:)

Corie
coriem@1alkar.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back