Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Printing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBTL

MIS
Dec 17, 2003
EG
Please Assist !!

The following is my infrastructure

I have 1 HQ and 2 Branches, both branches connected to HQ usind VSAT with 128 K Dedicated bandwidht, the traffic is not a lot, but sometimes pretty heavy, bandwidht is sufficient is believe !

Server Conenctivity

One main database server, one app server (citrix server) which is used to allow connections from the branch offices to the HQ. the connectivity is a WAN type. The branches have their own server and clients used at the branches are thin clients, so they donwload the citrix client info from the local server and connect to my app server (citrix server) here in HQ. The domain server is also located in the HQ.

Now the problem, sometimes my brnaches cannot print a document from a published application, this is a serious issue, pls assist on the same

Are these print jobs going to network printers or client printers.

It sounds like you need to manage the printing bandwidth.

What version of Citrix are you running.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Am using Metaframe Xp Version 1.00 (Build 1467 Service Pack 3) running on windows 2003 Build 3790.

Please assist

You should be able to limit the bandwidth for printers then.

Do the prints come out eventually or do they just sit in the Q ?

Cheers
Scott

They just sit in the queue, do nothing, just accumulate, even after clearing the queue, they start accumulating again.

Can you print a test page to any of them ?

You said it can print at times.

There are bandwidth limites in the CMC. I would switch to 20-40 K see what happens. Then up it or down it depending on performance.

Cheers
Scott

There is no bandwidth prioritization for the ICA traffic, full bandwidth is provided to it. I repaet no bandwidth limitations apply. I Have checked up with by Data operators and they too are finding this issue puzzling them.

I meant apply some bandwidth restrictions.

Cheers
Scott

I have an issue similar to this. I have 19 ICA clients on Wyse terminals, and these 19 clients share three Star 700 thermal printers for the doctor's prescriptions. These printers are set as default for each individual client, through the practice management software we use. If a provider needs to print multiple prescriptions, they do so, and the first one will ALWAYS print immediately, but the following ones can take as long a 5 to 10 minutes to print. This is not acceptable to the providers, and I need to figure out what is happening. The clients are all on a 10/100 network, and the bandwidth on the server is set to 40k... any suggestions?

e-mail me at ddraper at igalaxy dot net

I have a published app written in VisualFoxpro. The user is able to store printer information for their desired printer. Before actually printing there is a code fragment that verifies that the printer name stored is still a valid printer. In order to verify, the list of available printers is gathered.

According to the foxpro docs the command does the following:

"Visual FoxPro obtains the names of the installed printers and their ports from Windows."

We have a problem with users intermittently getting kicked out of the app when the list of printers is gathered.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might cause the command to fail? What might Windows return to foxpro that is causing a Dr. Watson error?

Thanks,

PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back