Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CITRIX PASSTHROUGH WORKS ONLY WHEN ADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

boein

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
BE
Hello,
I have a strange problem.When using citrix ICA passthrough, this only seem to work when I have domain admin rights.When I am a normal user,I see the dialog box ICA trying to make a connection (also the system tray icon flashes) but after a few seconds when the system tray icon stops flashing, I don't see the application, whithout doing anything the system tray icon also dissapears after a few seconds.
What I want to do is the following:
SYSTEM A:8 servers in a farm which have similar applications.
SYSTEM B:1 server also in the same farm but this server has other applications than SYSTEM A.
All the users always get a citrix desktop from system A when they log on, but because some users use different applications, I want them to be able to launch this perticular application on SYSTEM B.I'm trying to do this by using citrix passthrough by launching an ica file located on a file share, this ica file starts the published application on SYSTEM B and is shown in the desktop of SYSTEM A
As an administrator this works, as a normal user it doesn't.
Anybody any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Regards
Wim

I am having a similar problems with a lot of our users. They are running a publish app and everytime they click on it, it goes up to the citrix log on script then dissapear. The icon on the taskbar is there for a few seconds then disappear as well. I have done to many this to fix this and even contact both the app vendor and citrix rep and can't get an answer. so if you find a solution I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know. I will do the same in the meantime thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back