Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix on a wireless network via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuffMan

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2001
GB
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can help. Just recently I've made a section of the business wireless 802.11. However, I'm having real trouble getting the Wyse citrix terminals onto the wireless network. Now, I got hold of some wireless USB connectors and plugged 'em and and powered up. To no avail, they won't connect. So, I searched the net looking for Wyse recommendations and they pointed me to a specific manufacturer of USB device called Activetec. Got some, still doesn't work.
In fact the only way I've found to get Wyse onto the wireless network is to use a Lucient ethernet converter and Orinoco gold card (which costs over £200 each and therefore negates to cost saving of either citrix or wireless).
Has anyone any experiences in this area that may help? I should mention I'm not a citrix expert.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back