Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Newbie Questions!! Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

apphog

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
US
Hello All,

1. Intalled Presentation Server 3.0 on Windows 2003 with all default setting.

2. Add Applications and desktop by using application publishing wizard.

3. install metaframe acess client on windows xp home ed.
and able to connect to server and able to see the application and desktop icon on citrix program neighborhood.

But here is problem!

When I double click the icon, nothing happen! I can't not start any applications located at the server from client computer!

What did miss?

Please help this citrix newbie!!!!

Thanks,

Terminal services licensing server ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hello Thank you for your reply.

do I need to install terminal services licensing server?

Even though I installed citrix licensing?

Please let me know,

Thanks,

and do I need to activate terminal licensing server? if it is then Extra Money to Microsoft, AGAIN???

or is there way to not activate terminal licensing server and use citrix application server?

I thought Citrix Application server is stand alone application and has own licensing server, why they need terminal licensing server?

Please help this ultra newbie!!!

Thank you again!!!

P.S. If you have full screen option on client computer for server's desktop conncetion then is there way to toggle between server's desktop conncetion and client own desktop conncetion without closeing the connection?

OK Licensing in a nutshell.

Yes you must have a windows 2003 TS license server and it must be activated and you must have licenses.(you get a grace period for the licenses) It doesnt cost to activate the serveer but the licenses are cost. You can get licenses for XP desktops providing you can prove you purchased prior to 1st April 2003.

The reason is that you are in effect running a 2003 server desktop, even though you are not.

Sorry about that news.

To toggle back to desktop you use ALT + I think.

Cheers
Scott

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

[smile]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search