Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Metaframe 4.0 license problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileydba

Programmer
Jun 21, 2005
US
Man, installed Citrix Presentation 4.0 on our Windows Server 2003 Server (Terminal Server). First, we continue to have license issues, ever after downloading the license keys and loading up the key to the License Server. Im still having problems with the Licenses. Certain users are able to login(administrators), but when our remote users login, they get a Cant login because of no more licenses. But if you login as a administrator everything works. Has anyone else ran into this problem with Citrix Presentation 4.0

Source:Citrix_GTLicensingProv
Event ID:0
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Citrix_GTLicensingProv ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Firstly make sure you have the correct name of the license server. This is case sensitive. Use the tools on the CD to determine this.

Secondly I would be tempted to re-install the license server bit.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Yeah, did hostname on the server, and copyed it strait to the website, and over to License server. Now the Citrix Licenses are conflicting with the Microsoft Licensing.
:eek:(

Rob W.

Right then, great stuff this innit. Anyway, I would be re-installing The Terminal Services Licensing then, re-activate and then add you cals.

Cheers
Scott

Hi There,

Just installed a PS4 incl. License Server and got the same error's. There was a tool to determent de servername on the CD.. What is it called?
If I'm looking in the Man.Console it has CAPS but with ipconfig /all it is lowercase ???

tnx

I am sure it is called hostname or something like that.

Cheers
Scott

Your are right!!!

tnx !!

"There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back