Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Metaframe 1.8 - extending the time a message is displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amm013

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
There are times when I need to send a message to a user(s)in Citrix. Seems like this message is only displayed for about a minute. Anyone know a way to extend this time period.

Problem = if I send message to users that system needs to be rebooted, I want to make sure they see it so they have the oppurtunity to save their work. A lot of times user session will be idle for a few minutes where they could have stepped away from their desk and never have seen administrator sent message.

Thanks, although I was looking for a way to modify the tools provided by Citrix. Perhaps registry hack that keeps message displayed till user clicks ok? Correct me if I'm wrong but the net send command can only send to users on the n/w, what about my users with citrix sessions remotely?

You can net send to remote users. We send them to our WAN users who are connected by a frame relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back