Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix learning sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denacho

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
US
Anyone got any ideas for a major newbie trying to get a handle on Citrix? We currently have 1 Citrix server running Windows NT 4 SP6a and Metaframe 1.8. I wasn't the one who built it and know relatively nothing about it. We are about to get pushed into a few projects where I know we'll be required to go to the latest and greatest - which is fine by me - but I don't know ANYTHING about Citrix to feel comfy with this. More correctly, I know Nothing minus 10! I've looked around mycitrix.com, but i'm getting more sales-y type of stuff. I guess I'm looking for some intro/basics to give me the groundwork and work up from there. And of course, I have to get going on this pretty fast, cuz I'm sure they'll dump this on me last minute and I want to try and be somewhat ready to move on it. Thanks for any direction/pointers!

Don't worry we will help, but a good idea is to get the admin guides from support.citrix.com have a good read through.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

thanks everyone and keep the advice coming! i'm looking into the Citrix eLearning as well. right now i'm checking out Getting Started and Admin stuff with the premise that it may not make sense now, but the more exposure i have to it, the better it will get!

I've taken a couple of the Citrix eLearning courses and I was not impressed at all. They seemed to be almost more "sales" learning rather than technical. The Admin guides as mentioned above have pretty good information. Another good site not mentioned above is:

I have to agree about the eLearning. I only did a couple and it was more salesy. I've been wading through the Admin guides and they are, of course, helpful. I'm just starting from ground -0 and it's all so foreign. I'm sure you'll see many more posts from me on our implementation as we are starting from scratcha and it's not gonna be straightforward. I did get lucky enough to have a consultant come in some time soon to help me out! Thanks everyone!

eLearning is a eeeeyuck.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back