Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Issue Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
I have an Access 97 application that references linked tables that reside on a SQL Server database.When I try to run it under Citrix, the ODBC connection to SQL Server fails. Any ideas?

ODBC - Connection to 'SQL Server 10.5.1.5 failed

Many thanks,

Is it Windows 2003, it might be that dastardly Intenet explorer getting in the road.

Alternatively try it on the console, i.e. directly on the Citrix server itself, then see if the ODBC is set up on the server ?

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Yes, it is Windows 2003 Server; I have tried it on the Citrix server itself also, I got the same error message; the odbc is setup correctly, I was able to test the connection successfully; will it matter if the citrix is outside the firewall and database is behind the firewall?

Many thanks,

Any chance of testing it with citrix inside firewall, then you will have your answer.

Cheers
Scott

I have already make a request to have the citrix box place behind the firewall. Any other thoughts? why will the connection failed

Manny thanks

I am guessing that it will be ports SQL needs to use for login etc being stopped by the firewall.

Cheers
Scott

Hi, I ran the test on the xp workstation with the application installed locally and the report ran fine without any error messages; I only add the dsn odbc connector on the xp box; also, I have tried to eliminate as many vchannels as I can and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back