Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtb6

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2003
GB
Just a few questions on Citrix

Setup Now
Windows 2000 DC
Citrix XP s on windows 2000

Going to implement
Keep windows 2000 DC
Upgrade XP s to a
Install another server with Presentation Server 4 on windows 2003 move everything from XP a server and then rebuild it to Presentation Server 4 windows 2003.

My questions are?

1 What’s the best windows roaming profiles or TS profiles?
2 What’s the best way to move the database from the old server to new so I can rebuild it?
3 can you see any difficulty in the new implementation ?

All advice is much appreciated.

GT

GT

1. The question should not be which is the best profile, as each type is different and is designed to work as their names suggest, therefore, all users can have both types of profile, how they log-in (fat or thin client) will dictate which type of profile they use. If all of your users are TS users, they should all be using TS profiles as a matter of course.

2. DSMAINT (command line) will allow you to migrate the DB between servers, as well as carry out backup , compact and repair operations.

3. Your plan seems fine, just ensure that you take each step slowly, double check after each step that users are still able to connect, and that you have taken into account the differences between Windows 200 and 2003 when it comes to licensing and security.

4. Further to that, I am sure you are aware that the Citrix licensing model is hugely different in PS4 compared to XP, I would definately consult the CTX website knowledgebase for assistance with migration.

Hope this helps

Ade

Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCEA,CCNA

KERNOW BYS VYKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back