Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix implementation - Which path? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidovK

Technical User
Sep 15, 2005
NL
Hi all,

I've been asked to submit a plan for implementing Citrix in our organisation. However, I'm having some trouble determining what I'll need for this. The Citrix website is a great commercial add for their products, but not exactly helpful in telling me what I need and why I need it.

Approximately forty employees will be using Citrix. Mostly they will access it through a secure VPN connection but it should also be possible to access it via the web.

So far I've looked at the following options:
1) 1 Server running Citrix Access Essentials
2) 2 Servers running Citrix Presentation server for load balancing and redundancy purposes.

Our network has a DMZ for incoming internet traffic and obviously I can't just put the Citrix servers in it to allow web access to the server. Can anyone tell me what I will need to make the server(s) accessible from the internet?

Thanx

You could either route ICA/RDP traffic (citrix uses 1494 tcp & 1604 udp) between your firewall/citrix server(s) if possible.
Or the better option would be to use NFuse which effectively ports your apps to a webserver for access from the web. Access over a VPN is simple, no special configuration needed there.
You could also ask the same question in the Citrix forum - forum48

Ah thanx. I'm a bit of newbee here. Hadn't found that forum yet. I'll post it there as well.

I can't find any product info on NFuse on the Citrix website. Is this a separate application or is it included with presentation server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back