Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix ICA and GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

netgeek1

MIS
Oct 29, 2002
US
I have created a GPO to lock down users to an extreme degree. I have moved all Domain Users into the local Users Group. Initially Citrix Program Neighborhood would not start due to the Users Group not having permissions to write to C:\WFCNAME.INI. I fixed this and now Program Neighborhood starts, however after starting the application icon and logging in with network credentials (even Domain Admin credentials) I receive an unable to connect to Citrix server message. The computer works fine as I logged into the system with my ID (Domain Admin) and was able to start the programs without issue. I also tried giving the Users Group modify access to C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client full directory and all files. The GPO has properly propagated as the permissions are viewable on the files. Any ideas?

Perhaps download filemon from sysinternals.com and monitor the system while you recreate the problem. If it is a simple permissions problem on a file it should be easy to spot. Perhaps try regmon also.

- Paul

The original Citrix Guru...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back