Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix file download problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 18, 2003
US
I have two problems:

1. An user is with XP in his desktop. when ever he clicks to the published application the NFuse file downloading hangs and displays "Getting File information:
...ogin&NFuse_MIMEExtension=.ica from ......"
I have reinstalled the clinet by deleting his earlier ini file. If he right click the application and open say to open it in another windows, it works fine .

2. Same thing happens with another user with her desktop with Windows 98. Here even she is unable to open it in the another windows. Reinstalled the client angain..no luck ?

Any solution please ?

A few items to try are:

1) Empty your cache in IE, close the browser and try again.
2) Verify you do not have &quot;Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk&quot; selected. (This is located in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/scroll to bottom <security> section. Unselect &quot;Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk.&quot;
3) Do a search for wfica.ocx and wfcrun32.exe on your box? Right click select properties and check the version. You should have the latest. If multiple versions, remove all instances of clients and reinstall.
4) Right click the application, do a &quot;Save Target As&quot;, If you save a &quot;launch.ica&quot;, save it to the desktop and try to launch from there. If you save a launch.asp, return to app page and run again, check the error message in the message center. (If no message is return, right click and do open in new window, you should be returned an error message.)
5) If using a Windows 9x, ME or XP, type msconfig at Start/Run, General tab, choose selective start option, unselect load startup items, click apply. Reboot system.
6) Make sure you're not running any spyware. save.exe is a well known troublemaker on this one. Download free spyware removal from
Free citrixprinting support

the aboves are done and checked, still facing the same problem..

The above 6 points are tested, yet the same problem.
Any other ideas please ?

We have had this problem with incomplete installations of the Citrix ICA client. In order to circumvent the issue;
on the NFuse Web Page, click on the Settings button and in when you see the Nfuse Setting Dialog change Client Type from Default to Embedded ActiveX control. Give it a try, otherwise make sure you perform a complete install of the Citrix client

Did anyone come up with a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. I tried to have the user log onto the Nfuse page and hit the settings icon. But when they do that, and new window opens with the default logon page saying that their session has timed out and to log in again. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Did you remove the client using the add/remove programs and then re-install?

No rest for the Wicked.

I removed the client via add/remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back