Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix farm with Novell-edirectory on Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2003
SG
hi all,

my user is running Novell e-directory on NT/2000 machines w/o NT/AD domain. We were planning to install Citrix Metframe XPa FR2 into the existing environment on a new Win2000 machine.

Does Metframe work well in such a setup at all?
The user is most concerned with Novell print queues/printer creation and user authentication issues.

I have our Citrix servers authenticating to an Novell eDir. It works great. We are also running Zenworks for Desktops 4. So I have installed the Zen4 agent on the citrix servers because Zenworks has a really cool feature called Dynamic Local User for a Terminal Server. It means that if a user is a member of a group/context they can be automatically created on the TS dynamically. We are using NDPS here. I have seen only a couple problems with this, but for the most part, all drivers push down correctly.

The Farm also supports eDirectory. If you go to FARM settings (FR2) you will see NDS Tree. Put your tree in there, and you can create policies based on eDir groups.

I have created special login scripts for the Citrix servers, so that Norton Anti Virus doesn't get pushed down, or other applications that the login script can push.

I have also set up nFuse classic to support NDS, it is simple.

Hope this helps,
Tim Teller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back